AZ Sweetheart Search

Custom Search

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful For... Days Three and Four

It's only day four and I'm already loving this project.  It's really great to spend the day looking for things I'm thankful for, and it helps me appreciate even the small things in life a little more.  Yesterday my 2-year-old woke up cranky and whining.  After I got her big sisters off to school, I tossed my whiny companion into the tub, filled it with bubbles and watched her scowl instantly turn to pure elation.  I love that I can make my baby happy with something so simple as pouring some bubbles into a tub of water.
Gallery view here.  Kit is Summer Fun: Beach by Marni Designs at Brownie Scraps.  The alpha is a FREE bonus with the purchase of the Summer Fun Bundle (which just happenst to be on sale now).  Click on the gallery view for the links.

My 11-year-old has had some issues with her teeth since she was little.  At the time I didn't realize what was going on, but looking back now in photos and videos I can see that as a baby she had a bottle of apple juice with her all the time.  all. the. time.  This resulted in "bottle mouth" which is a cute name for a gross problem -- rotting teeth.  When she was 1-1/2 she had to have her front 4 teeth pulled, and she lived without them for years and years until her adult teeth came in.  When they finally did, they were so crooked she still couldn't bite into anything.  We talked to an orthodontist earlier this year who said he could do her braces in two phases.  The first phase now to straighten her top teeth, and then in a few years when all of her permanent teeth have come in, we can do a full mouth set, fix her bite, blah, blah... all those things that orthodontists do.  We jumped at the chance to fix her funky teeth, and she had her braces put on in February.  This week she got them off, and it has been so fun to see how much she loves her straight, brace-less teeth.
Gallery view here.  This adorable kit is Toothy Grin, the new release from Ramona the Pest in her new store at Polka Dot Plum.  Links available in the gallery view.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: