AZ Sweetheart Search

Custom Search

Monday, February 15, 2010

Sneak Peek and Me Time!

Good morning!  (It's still morning here for 17 more minutes.)  I hope you're enjoying your President's Day after a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend.  I just wanted to show you this sneak peek before we get into Me Time -- and I know you all can't wait for more time dedicated to me! ;)  This is Marni Designs' latest kit, Peaceful, and it will be in her store on Friday.  Don't you love the colors?  Me too!  I'll have a coordinating freebie later this week for you. :D
Now for Me-Time Monday, here are 5 random facts about me, in no particular order.

1.  Disneyland is my favorite place in the world, followed closely behind by Disney World.  Those might reverse order if I lived closer to the East coast than the West.

2.  I am addicted to cookbooks.  Nope, not the food I make with them -- actually purchasing, receiving, or otherwise acquiring cookbooks.  I have a huge collection and get a high every time I get a new one.  It's a little bit ridiculous.
Addicted (linked to gallery for credits)

3.  I listen to Christmas music year-round.  You can never have too much Christmas cheer! :D

4.  I'm 5' 11" and have been tall my entire life - and I LOVE it!  I used to walk down the halls in junior high and be able to see over everyone's heads.  It was strange as I got older to have everyone catch up and not be towering over the crowds anymore.

5.  I'm not a big fan of breakfast food for breakfast, but I LOVE it for dinner.  On Saturday night, when I raced home from the store to watch NBA All-Star Saturday night, my neighbor was unloading his groceries at the same time and showed me the huge slab of beef he was making for Valentine's day. Seriously, this thing was HUGE. He was pretty excited about the amazing meal he was going to prepare. He is an amazing chef, so I thought it sounded amazing, too. I told him we were having scrambled eggs and he audibly scoffed and said, "Because that's the only thing he (my husband) can make???" When I told him no, we just thought it sounded good, he looked at me like I had lost my mind. LOL! He was probably picturing some nasty egg accident on a dirty paper plate, but it was nothing like that. We made a super delicious "brincher" (breafast food for late lunch/early dinner) -- biscuits with sausage gravy, eggs, bacon, hash browns, fruit with homemade whipped cream, OJ, and sparkling cider. Maybe not everyone's idea of a special V-day meal, but oh my, it was yummy. Definitely not as fancy as my neighbor's side of cow, but oh so tasty.


Now I want to hear a random fact about you!  And make sure you take some time today for a little pampering.  It is Me Time Monday, afterall.

No comments: